Georges LEVY-MAZAUD (1920-1997).
Plaster sculpture, patinated steel plinth.
Height: 42 cm (16-1/2 in.).
Biography for Georges Lévy:
Born in 1920, graduated from Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Decoratifs (France National Upper School of Decorative Arts), George Lévy opened his workshop in 1944. It is from this period that most of his sculptural work (painted plaster, stone and bronze) dates from. In 1958, the Grand Prize from the Brussels Universal Exposition was awarded to him for one of his sculptures. After 1948, Lévy began a film career initially as an assistant designer. He worked on a dozen films, including Henri-Georges Clouzot’s “Quai des orfèvres” and Howard Hawks “The Land of the Pharaohs”. Then he became chief designer and worked in television and several legendary films. He devoted himself to painting in the latter part of his life before dying in 1997.
- Items quantity: 1
- Expertissim Reference: 2012070106
- Specialities :