Expert in arms and armours at the Versailles Court of Appeal since 1988, assessor to the Commission de Conciliation et d'Expertise Douanière (customs) since 1982, vice President of the SFEP
Arms, Armours and Memorabilia
Chevalier of the Légion d'Honneur
Officer of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Ministry of Culture and Communication, January 1st, 2003), Chevalier of the Ordre National du Mérite (14 May 2003).
Ancient arms and weapons (16th to 19th centuries), decorations and Orders, uniforms, militaria, sporting guns.
Historical and Napoleonic memorabilia.
As an expert he took part in about 70 auction sales per year at the Hôtel Drouot in Paris and around the country.
A few appraisals:
• 170 items from RMS Titanic
• One of the travelling chests of Queen Marie-Antoinette
• A gold leaf from the crown of Napoleon I, offered to the miniature painter J.-B. Isabey
• Paintings with a military or historical subject (when requested by Fine Art experts to recognize a place or a uniform)
• A pair of pistols owned by Emperor Napoleon I
• Numerous sabers given to troopers, officers, generals or field marshals to honour or reward them .
A few results :
• Napoleon I's Légion d'Honneur star (gold, silver, diamonds and emeralds): 231,000 €
• Regimental Flag Eagle, 1804, gilt bronze: 84,327 €
• A chiseled silver double salt-cellar from Empress Joséphine's table set, by Biennais: 174,520 €
• Saber of Bonaparte at Marengo: 4,811,754 €
• Merlin de Douai's state glaive: 373 030 €
Adviser for the Musée de la Légion d'Honneur (purchases, restoration, insurance...) and expert for various museums ( Musée Municipal of Fontainebleau, Musée du Vercors, Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature (Paris), for great private historical collections (H.I.H. Prince Napoleon, Murat Collection, Albufera Collection, Massena Collection, SAS Prince Rainier's Collection), for numerous legacies...
Other professional activities: adviser and provider of swords for members of the Académie Française (14 swords produced).