After studies in Law and Management, Jacques Bacot founded in 1981 with Hughes de Lencquesaing, an expert firm specialized in antique furniture and works of art.
Two activities: on one hand, estimates and successions for private clients, on the other hand, appraisals for many auction houses in France and Europe.
Prestigious sales and appraisals:
- Prince Torre and Tasso's collection, Duino Castle, Italy (Auctioneer: Beaussant-Lefèvre, 1997)
- Princess Eugenie of Greece's estate, Geneva (Auctioneers: Baron-Ribeyre and Beaussant-Lefèvre, June 1999)
- HIH Princess Soraya's estate, Paris (Auctioneer: Beaussant-Lefèvre, May 2002)
- Château of Rozay, Cher (Auctioneers: Binoche, Maredsous, October 1999)
- Château de la Cour d'Aron, Vendée (Auctioneer: Thelot, July 2002)
- Château of Beausemblant, Drôme (Auctioneers: de Vregille and Bizouard, May 2005)
- Some furniture from the Château of Vaux-le-Vicomte (Auctioneer: Beaussant-Lefèvre, December 2005)
- Château of Chiffrevast, Manche (Auctioneer: Beaussant-Lefèvre, October 2006)
- Château of Nogent-lès-Montbard, Côte d'Or (Auctioneers: de Vregille and Bizouard, January 2007)
- Château of Saint-Amand-Talende, Puy-de-Dôme (Auctioneer: Beaussant-Lefèvre, October 2007)